SiWIM is a high quality weigh-in-motion and classification system which uses instrumented existing bridges and culverts from the road network as the weighing scales. Data can be used for:
- Traffic analyses
- Road and pavement design and assessment
- Maintenance planning
- Traffic load modelling for bridge assessment
- Assessment of bridge structural parameters, e.g. true influence lines, impact factors and
loads distribution factors
- Pre-selection for static weighing
- Monitoring of overloaded vehicles trying to avoid static weighing sessions
Presentation from Intertraffic 2008 is available for download as well as document about main features of the system.
Here you can find the main features of the SiWIM system.
You may also be interested in history of SiWIM and bridge WIM in general.
|Additional general information about bridge weigh-in-motion systems are available on the bridge WIM part of the European WIM pages! |